The Queen’s Doctor Highlights the Inconvenient Truth of Homeopathy
There has been a lot of negative press surrounding homeopathy in recent years.
Several research papers have questioned the usefulness of homeopathy. A proponent of homeopathy is Dr Fisher, the physician for Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, who has stated that homeopathy is ‘misunderstood’.
Dr Peter Fisher, director of research at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine, says doctors should put aside their biases about the “alleged implausibility of homeopathy”. He compares medical professionals who oppose homeopathy to homeopaths who oppose vaccination.
Moreover, Dr Fisher claims the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) purposefully excluded key findings of meta-analyses study and concluded that homeopathy was not effective in any health conditions (as no evidence was found).
Trained at elite Cambridge University, Peter is qualified in both homeopathy and rheumatology and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. So is the queen’s physician deluded? Of course not!!
There are hundreds of European doctors who use homeopathy in combination with pharmaceuticals to provide effective integrative healthcare solutions. As a practitioner, I have had the privilege of working alongside medical doctors who were also homeopaths. At our Integrative Medicine centre we treated numerous patients through a combination of pharmaceuticals, Ayurveda, TCM and homeopathy. A typical integrative healthcare solution involved at least one therapy to address the physical domain, whilst others address the emotional domain. When a treatment is managed in this way, magnificent results can be obtained to help the client.
To put things in perspective we should consider the following:
- There are many Complementary and Alternative medicine (CAM) practitioners that successfully prescribe homeopathy
- Many of the top sporting teams incorporate homeopathy in the treatment of sporting injuries of their elite sportspeople
- Key findings such as observational studies were omitted by the NHMRC
- Millions of consumers use over-the-counter homeopathic remedies and many of these consumers are doctors, scientists and other professionals
- Over the past decade, pharmaceutical companies have paid billions of dollars to settle US Federal lawsuits
- The global pharma industry has surpassed the defence industry in the number of violations of the False Claims Act