As an Educator and experienced Integrative Healthcare coordinator, I have developed a framework for building capability for the delivery of Integrative Healthcare. These processes have been developed through my own experience working as a Complementary and Alternative Medicine practitioner in Integrative Medicine centres around the world, through consultation with my ex-pharma colleagues, academics, top-flight CAM practitioners, Integrative and Functional Medicine doctors, and through managing and developing educational programs in Australian Community Services and Healthcare programs.
Witnessing the success of Complementary and Alternative Medicine has shown me just how limited we are to believe that there is only one correct system of medicine. Every system of medicine has its limitations. Therefore, a strategic implementation of Integrative Medicine that focuses on a wide range of modalities – not just a one-dimensional, mix-and-match approach – is by far the best healthcare model for the prevention and treatment of chronic ailments.
My aim is to unify healthcare by bringing together Family Physicians/ GP’s, Medical Researchers and CAM professionals to effectively treat chronic conditions – all with the goal of reversing the trend of the modern-day epidemic of chronic disease.
My framework for ‘Building Capability’ in Preventive Medicine and/or Integrative Healthcare includes:
- Improving clinical outcomes through strategic delivery of CAM
- Provision of Effective Service Delivery Model for Family Physicians
- Learning and Development Planning
- Providing value for money services for patients
- Achieving good business outcomes
- Good governance
- Effective use of disruptive technologies such as the Apple A Day RX App
- Consistent data review to reveal capability strengths and weaknesses of Integrative Healthcare delivery
- Documenting and sharing best-practices
Empowering patients with chronic and complex needs and assisting healthcare professionals to deliver quality Integrative Healthcare services to people makes my work truly rewarding. In fact, it is not just my work, it is my life: to inspire others and improve their everyday lives.